It is a performing arts center in central Singapore. The oldest part of the building was built in 1862, and the complex was completed in 1909. The two buildings, the town hall and the Victoria Memorial Hall, were joined together by a clock tower built in 1906 to give the impression of a single building. In World War II, the memorial hall was used as a hospital for victims of bombing raids by Japanese forces. A number of significant civic and historical events were held on here. On 21 November 1954, it was the venue of the People’s Action Party’s founding. In 1979, the memorial hall was renovated again to accommodate the Singapore Symphony Orchestra(SSO) and renamed as Victoria Concert Hall.


Photo credit: wikipedia